Sunday, November 7, 2010

Foxy Babe Fox-trotting at Terry Fox Run



Yeay! The participation is more this year then before, well… at least base on T-shirt sales (means more dollars for the cancer research! Yippee!). As for the attendees, I have to read tomorrow’s paper to find out I guess.

This time around they held it at Titiwangsa Lake which is approximately 7mins from my house. I even strategised where to park (I foresee it will be HELL!) so that other cars won’t block mine (kiasu!), hahhahhaa…. But we decided to do 2 rounds of the lake instead and hoping that once we completed, some of the cars have moved by then. YEAY! It worked! We felt smart on an early Sunday morning (Yup! Brain still functioning despite that at 7ish Andrea got lost on her way to LRT train station and I forgot to take my credit card from the teller machine [Reported card stolen 4 hours later] ! Other then that, yeah…our brain works absolutely FINE!).

This is the 2nd participation for me (totally forgotten about it last year). And this time around my ex-Girl Guide & Scount (1 scout ONLY) joint in as well, bump into friends and colleagues, saw some err….clown hair Terry FoxER etc, bottom line - I had a splendid time and run (felt healthier too physically and mentally). By the way; Wenny, where are you?

Only one last scout standing; who still have the heart for charitable work, aww......

The volunteers still selling shirts on the event day itself.

Mobile toilet - just in case you were wondering, they ensure that it is according to the theme colour (just kidding! coincidentally it's the same colour as the shirt! HAHHAH...).

Oh yah! You know what I like best, seeing kids/toddler with their little Terry Fox shirt and cute tiny butt running trying to catch up with the mommy and daddy - awww…. SUPER CUTE!!!

Little Lily, real cutie. Same "bird day" as Autie Lily.

Swing me up.

Wiggle waggle...

This makes me think, should I run (walk) the one in Singapore too? Hemmm…


Have you ever join any Terry Fox Run in your country?





Hyperlink credits : Wikipedia

29 comments:

Kellie Collis said...

Looks to me like a really great run! Yes, you should join the next run only because it is fun. Enjoy your day, Kellie xx

Wenny said...

Lily, you must've been extremely excited to go for the run that you forgotten your credit card ... no unwarranted charges I hope.

I was there but the sea of blue was really 'kao-kao' ... everybody seemed to look alike ... I even had difficulty looking for our gang! I thought I'd just snap randomly hoping to capture all my friends in action. Regretfully, Lily you were playing hide-n-seek with me ... hahaha!!!

Unknown said...

Lily, this looks fun and tiring. Was it?

Unknown said...

You know Ni, i've always had this idea that cancer research will always be a wishful thinking, in my opinion there is huge money to be made in curing cancer than preventing cancer..so the consipiracy is that, let cancer previal and money rows in......

Diamond R said...

lily, thanks for dropping by in my blog. your blog is full energy.Its shows that you are enjoying every minute of it. you have a very interesting habits and i like it.

keep up the fun you are very inspiring.

hope we can be friends. yes, i write tagalog but i will tried to write more english lines in my blog.


have a great day.by the way where is your exact location?

Tina said...

brilliant in blue :) what a fun time it looks like you all had

TG said...

Now I feel so blue. Help :P

Lily Riani said...

kellie,

it was fun. i think you are right, i should join the one in singapore :D

wenny,

i think so too lar.. ahhaha... checked no transaction made for tha 4 hours of me unrealising.

we were playing hide & seek amongst the smurf. ahhahaha....

byya,

it was!!! next time you join yek.

diamond r,

its ok, perhaps you put a translator widget like the one on mine, then i can just click and read :D

btw, am base in malaysia and ofcos we can be friends.

Lily Riani said...

eugene,

it bound to go to somewhere or somebody's pocket but i figure at least "some" of it will be for a good cause. i thought preventing cancer is our self-discipline.

tina,

yes it was :D thanks.

mkl,

like smurf? ehhehhe... :P

ColeAndJosephine said...

I've never even heard of it, but it looks great!

Thanks so much for your kind words. It really means the world to me.
xxx

George said...

This looks like it was an exciting and fun event. And the fact that it raised money for a good cause made it even more special.

sm said...

good pics
looks it was real fun enjoyed lot

en_me said...

nice thing to do.. keep it up akak lilly tewww.. ;-)

illustration poetry said...

never even heard of Terry Fox Run...
but it sounds great!!!

xxoo

Gracie said...

I haven't actually heard of this. Maybe I should search and see if we have it here.

It looks like a great cause! Good on you for being involved :)

rainfield61 said...

I have just come back from KL. I struggles between GPS and signboards, this took me 45 mins to leave KL town and reached Sungai Buloh Highway.

If you are interested, you can join Penang Bridge run. Closing date is 12-Nov, but I won't be joining this year.

Nice to see you.

•°°• IcyBC •°°• said...

Looks like everyone has fun, and it must be a thrilling for you to complete that run.

Lily Riani said...

ColeAndJosephine,

apparently it has been around for 3 decades.
you take care dear, blog more it helps.

xoxo

george,

yeah, it was fun. kinda feel great too since its for a good cause.

sm,

thanks. we did :D

Lily Riani said...

me,

:D you should join next time lar

mita,

been around for awhile, i found out 3 years ago as well.

gracie,

apparently the run has been going around all over the world for the last 30 years. i just found out too.

rainfield61,

wow! thats challenging - penang bridge run since am not even a runner. oi just like walking and the crowd. ehhehhe....

Lily Riani said...

***Icy BC,

it was a walk for us, no one could run amongst the 9000 crowd. ehhehhe... hence it was relaxing and entertaining.

Biqque said...

using new cam ek? biru nyerrrrrr! :)

VanillaSeven said...

I will run too on 21 November here in Singapore! So excited!

Miles Of Style said...

Lily the pics tell me that the event was exciting and a lot of fun...you've just inspired me to enter in one such similar event our here...

btw...how are you doing sweetie. hope all is well at ur end. :)

Lily Riani said...

biqque,

eeeyup! it's called the smurf effect. ahhahah...

vanilla seven,

i thought in january?

persis,

you're BACK!!!!!!!! YEAY!

yeah! maybe you can check out those happening near your place.

am going to your blog after this :D

Sonja said...

Hey congrats! good for you!!!
This looks like a great day! I'd really like to do at least a 10 km run in the spring, this inspires me ;o)

fufu said...

i dont see the fox.... lol

Lily Riani said...

sonja,

thank you! yes, you go gurl! i'll cheer for you :D

fufu,

GOOD ONE!!! AHHAHAHAA...

Kasia said...

Love the pictures and you look great! :)

<3
www.kasiabelhadri.blogspot.com

Ice said...

I think it's a bit too hot to run or even walk for a long period of time in Malaysia, don't you think so? Or maybe you're used to it?







Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...