Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Watery & Outdoor Wednesday | La Alhambra




La Alhambra - "The Red Fortress"

Grandeur of Al-Andalus
Pride of Moorish palaces
Built for the last Muslim Emirs

Where East meets West
Fusioning architecture of it's best
Courts, gardens, fountains and complexes
Geometrical patterns weaved into arabesques

La Alhambra integrates unique qualities
Skills of Muslim, Jewish, and Christian artist
Standing strong as time stood still
"The Red Fortress" of Sabikah Hill


More stories of my 2007 Alhambra Spain trip here.



Detail credits : Wikipedia

9 comments:

George said...

This is a wonderful picture -- I love the reflection -- and a nice poem.

Liudmila said...

Oooo... Adore this kind of yards. I would have something like this in my home, too. But in this case it is or more little in confront of those you visited in other places... Maybe Spain has less place where to live and they built more little yards. :0))) We have Spanish buildings in Salerno, too but they are very little, without pools etc.

Lily Riani said...

george,

thanks, the building was amazing.

liudmila,

this is only part of it, the whole fortress is HUGEEEEE. :p

Sympathy for The Devil,

thanks dear.

Emm said...

Love photo Lily!! I love the sense of perspective and the blue sky in the background.

Ola said...

I would love to see it!

blessingsgoddess said...

This looks wonderful.

Lily Riani said...

emm,

me too... ehheh

ola,

you should! do go.

blessingsgoddess,

thanks.

snowwhite said...

Beautiful arches and peaceful fusion of skills of three religions.
I do love its serene reflection.
Thanks for your great photos and essay.!

Rob Siemann said...

Yet another paradise! One of my favorite places on earth.







Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...