Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Hostel Review | Noah's Ark Backpackers in Greymouth, New Zealand





I stayed here during my trip to South Island, New Zealand a couple of years back. The reason I picked this hostel is because it sounded and looked interesting on the website, coupled with good reviews, strategic location, reasonable rates and awesomely cute decor, how could I say no. Right?

What attracted me the most is the thematic decor in each room, in fact, I was praying hard that I get the zebra room as I thought it was the coolest. Instead we got a lion room, oh well... (I am a sucker for all these.... hehhehee...)

The main attraction here is actually Punakaiki Pancake Rocks and Blowholes and trekking. For those planning to stay in Greymouth to visit Punakaiki, you can stay here for a night.



They offer simple and standard facilities such as :

BBQ, Bicycle Hire, Common Room, Free Internet Access, Free WiFi, Hot Showers, Kitchen, Laundry Facilities, Linen Included, Luggage Storage, Tours/Travel Desk, Washing machine etc.




The room I prayed to get. Sigh...

My sis would want this room I bet!

Detailing.

The dorm. As you can see it is rather clean and well organised.

Piggy was not forgotten. I told him whatever it is, I don't want this room. Hehheheh...


Common room.


Clean, neat and tidy.




This indicates the dorm size.



Internet access, and that's my room :)

Front desk/tour desk/Information counter etc.


Tips :

  • You can easiloy book via BBH, Hostelbookers, HostelWorld, Booking.com, Hostels.com, Agoda or directly to them.
  • Punakaiki Pancake Rocks & Blowholes
  • Trekking activities is available
  • Take a horse trek through the scenic landscapes
  • Swimming, surfing, fishing, and kayaking
  • Rock climbing, bouldering and caving in the limestone formations
  • If you are renting a car, please drive below 50kph within the city
  • The only thing you need to note (for the Muslims) is that they have a dog here but he is pretty friendly and harmless.  
16 Chapel St, Greymouth 7805, New Zealand
+64 3-768 4868
URL : http://www.noahs.co.nz/





4 comments:

Biqque said...

what a variety of cute rooms they have! i want either cat or zebra :D

Femme Sabaru said...

Those rooms are so cute! Very detailed! Must try and visit in this place <3

Denaihati said...

Kena cuba ni next trip

Mulan said...

woaahhh... my kids will go crazy ni.. tapi do they allow kids at this place? some tak boleh kan.. tqs for sharing..

ps: Alhamdulillah driving around Scandinavia was smooth.. install gps kt ipad, senang sbb bigger screen.. part yg paling senang sbb semua guna credit card even at parking lots walopon park for 10 minutes.. toll pon guna credit card..







Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...