Thursday, June 19, 2014

#TravelTips | Hostels in Jiufen and Taipei, #Taiwan




Hey you!
Curious on Taiwan?
*Wink*

I thought I should start with #traveltips entry of hostel in Jiufen and Taipei, catering for those traveling to Taiwan in near future. While searching for hostels or guesthouses in Taipei and Jiufen, I soon realise :
  • The hostels and guesthouses in popular locations are expensive (Expensive > RM100 > Average > RM50 > Cheap)
  • There are not many hostels and guesthouses in popular locations
  • There's only one cheap hostel in Jiufen (and it is always full during peak season)
For this reasons, I thought I should share where I stayed as I personally feel that the 'price vs. location vs. facilities vs. convenient' is just perfect. Well, for me at least. Taking into consideration that I booked these places less than a week before my travel date, I am one hell of a lucky girl!

So, let's start with Jiu Fen!


1. Jiufen

On My Way Jiufen Youth Hostel
I have researched places to visit in Taipei for the past 2 years and there are 2 mountains in my wish list since forever, one being Yangmingshan and the other, Jiufen. As you can see from above picture, Jiufen view is simply breathtaking with few nature trails for you to venture, beautiful waterfall sites and quaint villages, aside from its famous old street.

Despite all this great offerings, it is short of cheap hostels or guesthouses for budget travelers. I found one with fantastic combination of price/location/facilities/convenient - On My Way Jiufen Youth Hostel.

Look can be very deceiving; the inside is very decent and clean. No worries *smile*.

Common room or TV room.

Common kitchen with fridge, microwave, oven, water dispenser and kitchen utensils. No cooking stove though.

Girls only dorm, they have aircon and fan. I switched on both upon arrival (panassss).

10 mins walking distance to this pavilion.

Beautiful Jiufen night scene.

On My Way Jiufen Youth Hostel
No.23, Wushi Ln., Ruifang Dist., 224 Chiufen (Jiufen)

Facilities
WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge. 
Public PC
Tour Desk, Baggage Storage, Lockers, Shared Lounge/TV Area
Non-smoking Rooms, All Spaces Non-Smoking (public and private), Air Conditioning 

Others
Check-in : 16:00
Check-out : 11:00



2.Taipei

Taipei Walker Hostel (2 stations away from Shilin Night Market) 
I was torn between staying near Ximending and Taipei 101, after loadsa googling and researching I then decide to stay near Shilin Night Market, and it's cheaper too! This is the place where shopping and street food are the best combo for travelers (a bit tough for Muslim though, the food part).

Living room cum game room.

Common area and entrance.

Washing machine and dryer.

They have 2 kitchen, both provide microwave, fridge, water dispenser and kitchen utensils.

Public PC.

Mix dorm with both aircon and fan.

Wall for doodling.

Shopping goods!

Taipei Walker Hostel
Ln. 661, Wenlin Rd, Shilin District, Taipei, Taiwan

Facilities
Free WiFi 
Breakfast Included
Tour Desk, Baggage Storage, Lockers
Air Conditioning, Washing machine and dryer

Others
Check-in : 15:00
Check-out : 11:00
Reception : 9:00am - 11:00pm



3.Taipei

Green World Hostel - formerly The Loft Hostel (1 stations away from  Zhongxiao Fuxing Station)
This hostels is near Sogo, TGIF, a huge MRT interchange station and Hello Kitty Kitchen and Dining!!! Ok, I am overly excited. Hahhahhaha... Oh, near Barbie Cafe too. This establishment is abit professional as you can see for yourself (below pictures), for those who wants to stay in the city centre, this will be an ideal place.

If you take the Citibus from Taoyuan Airport, it'll stop you at Sogo (Zhongxiao Fuxing MRT Station); which takes you approximately 10mins walking distance to the hostel, kinda convenient.

Front desk/reception.

Public PC and lepak area.

Common and dining area.

Washing machine and dryer.

Kitchen - stove, microwave, oven and fridge.


Green World Hostel (Formerly The Loft Hostel)
7F., No.107, Sec. 4, Zhongxiao E. Rd, Da-an District, Taipei, Taiwan

Facilities
WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
Vending machine (drinks), 24-hour front desk, Tour desk, Luggage storage, Lockers, Shared lounge/TV area, Laundry, Meeting/banquet facilities, Business centre, Fax/photocopying Air Conditioning, Washing machine and dryer

Others
Check-in : 15:00
Check-out : 11:00


Hope this helps your planning. 


 

3 comments:

Time Traveller said...

Memang kebanyakan nyer mix dorm kan :D

Diana Diane Teo said...

Somehow for me, I still prefer staying in minshu but of course if travel alone, then minshu is not suitable and not worth.

Lily Riani said...

Afif,

tak jugak, ada jer female and male dorm. I book mix sbb I nak tido semalam je and female dorm full.

Diana,

most was full when I check, thus I didnot get a chance to experience, next trip hopefully.







Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...