Wednesday, August 26, 2015

How to get to Alleppey Houseboat?



Travelers have been asking me I tips on how to purchase a boathouse package in Alleppey.
So here goes.


Alleppey or Alappuzha is located in Kerala state, in southern India. My journey starts from Bangalore moving towards Mysore where I discover how Hindu ad Islam architecture culture intertwine, then we proceed to Alleppey to experience a boathouse stay. The standard and constant questions I have been receiving are (i) How to get to Alleppey (which is a bit hard to answer as it is highly depending on from where the person travels from) and (ii) How much did I pay for my boathouse or houseboat. So, for those who are dying to know about this 2 questions (not sure how much I can be of help), here goes…


(i) How to get to Alleppey?
This is a tough one, normally I choose to ignore as there is no exact answer to this question. How do I advise as I travel from Mysore and I travel as I please which is kinda hard for me to advice (I shall try nevertheless). I took a bus from Mysore and arrived superbly early in the morning in Alleppey Bus Station and waited for the Boathouse Agent office to open. Simple right? Yup! It is that simple.


#TravelTips 1 : Yes. The bus station is safe at least when I was there. We lepak-ed at the bus station while waiting for the Boathouse Agent office opens.

#TravelTips 2 : There are a few shops inside and outside the bus station selling waters, newspaper and titbits. Get yourself a bottle of two bottles of mineral water or juices before the boat trip.


(ii) How much did I pay for my boathouse or houseboat?
I paid RM200 per person for an overnight trip; full board, some says its cheap and some says it is expensive. Well, it is very much on how you see it, glass half full or half empty *wink*. This is what I learnt and gathered…


#TravelTips 3 : Most websites displayed RM300-400 per person / per overnight trip, am equally surprise. No comment on this.

#TravelTips 4 : There are a few type of boathouse, you can either charter the boat, then there are also 2 rooms boat, 3 rooms boat etc. Options are limitless, so are the sizes.


#TravelTips 5 : RM200+ is during peak season, and RM100+ for low season.

#TravelTips 6 : You can attempt a walk-in bargain at the agent office, that’s what we did. Just make sure you have a great back-up plan.


Just in case you are not spending any nights in the town, you can get postcards and souvenirs at the shops around the river banks near the bus station. The people there are very friendly.







No comments:







Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...