Wednesday, April 6, 2016

White Water Rafting in Gopeng, Perak (Nomad Adventure) - Part 1





You know what?
The next time I do white water rafting, it should be in another country.

What say you!?!


This would be my fourth.
Despite having 3 experiences (Kuala Kubu Baru, Kiulu River and Sungkai), I am still worried. Over. Nothing. This is the only thing that remain constant. Ahaks.

Honestly speaking, I was torn between hoping for a water level 2-3 whereby the skill set required will be more technical or wishing for level 3-4 where it will be a breeze but stronger rapid. Kinda pointless to hope or wish seriously speaking, as I am already there; the past week has been dry with one measly rain the day before. I pretty much guess it will be 2-3 of which, I am right lah. Just go with the flow so people say. The truth that many don’t know are, go with sore arm and thigh (shallow water equals to technical skill), go with hot sun (El Nino, need I say more) and go with ‘malas nak basah tapi cuaca panas, terjun jugak lah’. Yup! That’s pretty much sums it up.





Having a few WWF experience gave me the confident and edge (ceh wah…), I know what to expect; I know the instructor will capsize the raft so that we will all get wet, I know the high-fives, I know the ‘hit your paddle on the water’, I know the commands! Left, left! Right, right! All to the back, or all to the front. Then the famous and popular command that tickled everyone, one that I like to rhyme it (like the movie ‘A Night At The Museum’) - JUMP JUMP your BUM BUM you DUMB DUMB! Where’s my GUM GUM? Hehhehehee….. funny heh! Then there was the incident where my raft became an all ladies raft as our “man” was pinched to the other raft. Redha ajer lar…


As suspected, the water was shallow hence a lot of jump jump required, like a. Plenty. Lot. Then there were other incidents where I realized the instructor was about to capsize the raft and I shriek “Nooooooo! I’ll jump into the water on my own” (Hint. Being capsize is no fun, better to volunteer to jump). We played a lot of bumper raft, we stop at midway to catch our breath – apple and water was served.


Then… as we raft further downstream, as we about to reach the end, something unexpected and unthinkable happened. Jeng jeng jeng… (Boleh tak sambung next entry? Baru suspense sikit).






Head Office
525 Jalan 17/13,
46400 Petaling Jaya,
Selangor, Malaysia
Tel. +6(03)79585152 /3151

Earth Camp
Lot 17525 Kampung Chulek,
Gopeng Kampar,
Perak Darul Ridzuan






World of Wonders - Perak Media Fam Trip is in collaboration with Tourism Perak and all its sponsors with #GayaTravel as media coordinator.






No comments:







Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...